Re-tiling your floor, bathroom or kitchen? 5 reasons why you should hire a licensed tiler
Are you looking to renovate or repair your floor tiles? Hiring a reputable, experienced and licensed tiler
will help ensure the project runs smoothly.
Depending on the scale of the tiling project, a person may not legally require a licence to work as a tiler. For example in Queensland, employees are able to work as a tiler without being licensed as long as their employee holds the correct Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) licence to cover the work being done.
However to ensure you are getting the results you want for your build or renovation, you should hire a tiler who is an expert in this area and who holds their own licence.
5 reasons to hire a licensed tiler
- By hiring a licensed tiler you can be assured that they hold professional tiling qualifications. Licensed tilers have completed an apprenticeship which has provided them with practical knowledge, skills and on the job training.
- You can be sure your tiler is complying to Australian standards, significantly reducing the risk of needing someone to fix a dodgy tiling job in future.
- Thanks to their professional learning, licensed tilers are knowledgeable in the right materials to complete the project to a high standard. They often have partnerships with suppliers to bring you the best products at competitive prices.
- They are qualified to legally tile bathrooms and wet areas where waterproofing is a legal requirement. By using an experienced, qualified tiler and waterproofer you can ensure that waterproofing will be done correctly which is imperative as you aren’t able to rectify this once the area is tiled.
- By hiring a licensed tradesperson, you are keeping poor quality work out of the industry and have more consumer protection in the rare instance when things do go wrong.
If you are considering re-tiling any areas of your home, Master Tiling’s highly skilled and fully licensed tiling and waterproofing team can help, no matter how small or large the job. With over 20 years experience providing domestic and commercial tiling, they would love to assist you in bringing your tiling project to life.