There are hundreds of sizes, colours, textures and patterns to choose from. Your tiles are the single element of your décor that can change the overall theme of your home so you want to be sure you make the right decision.
Here are some considerations when choosing tiles to suit the theme of your home.
Tile considerations for a classic look:
- Classic homes ooze elegance and are always welcoming. Generally décor will consist of trends that have stood the test of time.
- Consider neutral colours such as whites, browns and blues.
- Standard size tiles are a solid long-term choice in terms of aesthetics. They come in endless colours and to make them a little more exciting they can be laid in various ways to make a room more interesting!
- When it comes to patterns and shapes, classic geometric patterns never get old but they will give your home a new lease of life whilst maintaining is classic feel.
Tile considerations for a contemporary look:
- For contemporary homes generally less is more. Keep lines simple and clean.
- Large tiles create a sleek, on trend look, that will suit either a classic or contemporary home but if you’re edging towards a contemporary look, choose larger tiles over standard size to instantly modernise a room. Large tiles are set to make a massive comeback in 2018 and can instantly make smaller rooms look bigger and they also call for less grout than smaller tiles, making them easy to clean.
- Neutral colours are contemporary go-tos. Greys and whites create a neutral, clean and calming ambience.
- Texturally, be brave. There are many textured tiles options, which start subtle.
This advice is just a guide and when it comes to choosing tiles for your home, the lines between contemporary and classic can very easily blur, and this isn’t necessarily a bad thing!
With so many options and the tiles being one of the most stand out elements of your home, you want to make sure you get it right.
Consult with an expert such as Master Tilers who will be able to advise you of their recommendations for your home based on their many years of experience!